Here is the most layman’s explanation of the ancient and somewhat mystical Ayurvedic Therapies called Panchkarma (PK).
- The herbs infused warm oil poured as a stream over the body followed by a rhythmic, repeated and systematic massage strokes allow the mind to transcend and be in a meditative space
- In this space, what needs to be healed shows up organically and the therapist is very attuned to what’s showing up and adjusts the attention accordingly.
- The physical and energetic healing take place here simultaneously and organically. ( in my practice, 80% of the clients who received these therapies healed from past traumas for the very first time, no less than a miracle)
- Healing and recovery takes physical and emotional stamina. Healing is not forced, it is allowed. ( Comprehensive Consultation and one follow up is required to do PK for 3 or more days)
- The therapist gets attuned to the client via pulse taking and is highly sensitive to client’s energy which helps the therapist to ensure the timing and the extent of the healing is just right for the client.
- Difference between a massage and PK ( abhiyanga): the level of consciousness of the therapist, ( they are required to have a meditation practice)
Now the more classical explanation:
Panchkarma (PK) is one of the cornerstones of Ayurvedic Medicine. It is a group of Ayurvedic therapies (described below) designed to purify the body of toxins and thus reverse the development of disease and aging. It consists of detoxification, rejuvenation and rebalancing therapies.
PK can be done for as few as 1 day or as many as 30 consecutive days, lasting 2-3 hrs. It is most effective if done regularly – ideally, at the beginning of each season, to eliminate impurities gathered over the previous season. The therapies are combined according to the individual needs based on the pulse diagnosis and imbalances. The length of the treatment is mutually agreed upon by the practitioner and the client. Reported benefits from PK are: healing from past traumas, relief from allergies, arthritis, back pain, insomnia, acne, anxiety, depression, improved sleep and digestion, to name a few. Please fill out the Initial Consultation Questionnaire and we’ll schedule your no cost no obligation 30 min consultation prior to your PK appointments.
PK (1 day) $295 A great start to experience the therapies.
PK (3 days) $965 ( This includes Comprehensive Consultation ($150), one Follow up ( $110) and a 3 day PK ( $795) – Due to high cost of PK, we have reduced the price by $90)
PK (5 days) PK $1265 (This includes Comprehensive Consultation ($150), one Follow up ( $110) and a 3 day PK ( $1095) – Due to high cost of PK, we have reduced the price by $90)
You will receive written guidelines for home preparation, if any, before your appointment.
Classical full body treatment with warm herbal oils designed to soften the tissues, release toxins and nourish the nervous system. Oils and strokes are chosen according to body type and body condition. This treatment is recommended for:
- Vata disorders i.e. anxiety, muscle aches and pain, dryness, arthritis, other nervous system disorders and for high level of toxicity( AMA)
It is best to not to use soap and wait at least an hour before taking a bath to let the oil detoxify and nourish all the tissue layers.
A silk or wool glove brushing designed to open the pores, increase circulation, stimulate the lymphatic system, removing excess Kapha (earth and water element in the body) and to prepare the skin for oleation therapy so the oil penetrates deeply. Can be done by itself or combined with the oil therapy. Recommended for:
- AMA conditions
- Kapha disorders, i.e., obesity (as it promotes weight loss)
- Accumulation of cellulite
Baluka Potli (Hot sand treatment)
Site-specific hot sand treatment designed to treat joint or other localized pain. Sand creates electromagnetic radiation in the body creating heat for greater pain relief and circulation and is very penetrating to the deepest layer of the tissues. Recommended for:
- Joint pain, arthritis, stiffness in the muscles
- AMA accumulation
Shirodhara is a rhythmic pouring of warm herbal oil on the forehead. It is one of the most divine and deeply relaxing treatments one can experience. It is a cooling treatment that deeply settles the mind and profoundly relaxes the central nervous system. It relieves anxiety, worry, and insomnia. Recommended for 5-7 days in a row.
Kati Basti (Lower Back Therapy)
Medicated oil therapy for site-specific pain, particularly useful for lower back pain, sciatica, spinal injuries, muscle spasms and strengthening the bone tissue of the lower back.
This is a special massage for the head, neck, shoulders, and sinuses and involves instillation of various herbal drops to cleanse the nasal passages. This treatment may be done done together with Karma Purna (ear therapy) to decrease dryness and itchiness in the ears, air pressure and sinuses. Recommended for: headaches, allergies, congestion, and sinusitis. This treatment offers the greatest results when done in a series.