Hi there! Welcome to the site!
A lot is happening in the world of Yoga and health! If we weren’t convinced before on the benefits of Yoga nd why it really should be a part of everyone’s life, we sure are now. There are countless inspiring stories and examples of how Yoga has helped people totally turn their life around and the benefits are immense and much needed in these times. Recently, a student shared the New York Times column on Yoga, and it is reinforcing what we already know and experience. It is nice to read in case you forgot why you practice or were practicing yoga…
- 1. Yoga may keep your brain young! A weekly routine of yoga and meditation may help to stave off aging-related mental decline, according to a study of older adults with memory problems.
- 12 minutes of yoga can improve your bones! Dr. Loren M. Fishman of Columbia University has been gathering evidence for years, hoping to determine whether yoga might be effective therapy for osteoporosis.
- Yoga improves your balance! Tai chi, dancing, even brushing your teeth on one leg can work your balance pretty well.
- Yoga may prevent inflammation! A class visit, a new book on yoga’s risks and benefits and the prodding of friends prompt a longtime skeptic’s reconsideration of the ancient and popular practice.
- Yoga can relieve back pain! Weekly yoga classes relieve symptoms of low back pain about as well as intense, regular stretching sessions, a new study shows.
- Spring Cleanse Kick off – Saturday, March 18th, 11-2pm
- Meditation Retreat Sunday, March 19th, 8:30-4:30pm
- Essential herbs for health Maintenance plus cooking workshop – Saturday, April 1st, 1:30-5:30pm
- A FREE webinar on Creating a New Mindset for Making Changes, Thursday, April 20th, 7pm
Be sure to check out the Calendar Tab for upcoming events/classes! Hope our paths cross soon,